Arena and Hemenway Rink
can be glimpsed at the far end of Wilken Field. Built in 1953,
the artificial rink named for Courtenay Hemenway, hockey coach
and history teacher (1911-54), was a welcome addition after years
of attempting to skate on the Infirmary Pond or on flooded Gunpowder
Creek Field. In 1967 the rink was enclosed through the generosity
of the family of William
C. S. Remsen ’39, captain of the 1939 hockey team.